Heartfelt Games LLC
Based in Bossier City, Louisiana
September 19, 2017
When It Hits the Fan is an action arcade top-down shooter for PC and arcade. It features four apocalypse scenarios happening all at once: Zombie invasion, robot (AI) going out of control, demons crawling the Earth, and Aliens invading!
When It Hits the Fan was originally a simple prototype made of a blue square shooting black squares at green squares. It was thrown together in the beginning after a brief moment of inspiration after playing a unique flash game on one of the many game portals online. Soon after its initial prototype was finished, Trey found an opportunity with a local arcade/bar start-up in his local community that was looking for local independent game developers to create games for their arcade machines. Jumping onto this opportunity, Trey went to work programming and hired an artist and musician to ensure that When It Hits the Fan would be something to be proud of for a first "big" release.
- Features 4 different apocalypse locations and creatures at once: Zombies, Robots, Demons, and Aliens!
- Local CO-OP!
- Play on Arcade Machines, PC, Mac, or Linux!
- 9 Weapons (Handgun, Double Handgun, Shotgun, Machine gun, Grenade Launcher, Flamethrower, Laser Pistol, Laser Cannon, and Chainsaw!
- Various enemies (zombies, irradiated cockroaches, rouge AI robots, demon imps, alien brutes, and more!
- Featuring musician: Ryunocore (Cavern Kings, Capcom (CROSSxBEATS), Studio TRIGGER (SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED), ...)
- Featuring artist: Ryan "mulletdulla" Keable (Disney's Crossy Roads, Wolfdozer, Save the Children ...)
When It Hits the Fan Full Gameplay Trailer YouTube
When It Hits the Fan Kickstarter - Alpha Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "[When It Hits the Fan is] a fun game that offers a welcome dose of retro arcade run and gun action that packs a real punch."
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "When It Hits The Fan is like the old-school arcade shooters we grew up playing from the early 90s, similar to games like Contra, the old Rambo, and Smash TV games."
- Nick, One Angry Gamer
- "You will live through the nostalgic 32-bit feel, the arcade vibe music and of course waves upon waves of enemies."
- Charlie, Altered Confusion
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available to stream at soundcloud.com.
Homepage for When It Hits the Fan heartfeltgames.org.
About Heartfelt Games LLC
Heartfelt Games LLC was founded by Trey Cockrell to enable him to make games with passion from the heart!
More information on Heartfelt Games LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
When It Hits the Fan Credits
Programming, Game Design
Ryan "mulletdulla" Keable